Some elements of resumes that are essential or useful in other countries are not necessary for a resume in the United States. If you are applying in the U.S., consider the following tips for American style resume template:
You must not include in your American resume
- Personal information: marital status, identification number, parents’ names, and date of birth.
- Aggregate grades.
- Visible charts and tables: if you use a table to organize information on your resume, make sure the lines are not visible.
- All capital letters: use of all caps is not correct grammar. Use capital letters only to begin proper nouns ( your name, company names, countries, etc.).
You must include in your American resume
Your resume will be chosen if you keep in mind your skills and experience as well as the employer’s needs as you craft your resume. Here are some tips that will help you with your resume edition:
- References: must be sent separately as needed.
- Projects: you can include all of your academic projects, but it is better to include the projects that demonstrate your main skills. For the projects, you decide to include, describe your contributions and accomplishments rather than focusing on a description of the project itself.
- Extracurricular activities: choose the ones that will resonate most with an employer and make sure that the descriptions are clear.
- Brief and specific objective: what type of position you are looking for, also state the field or specialty, and finally, you should indicate the skills and qualities you would contribute to the position.
If you had come here because you are looking for some examples for your American resume, visit the resume templates shop that we have designed for you, a place where you can find professional and modern templates that will help all people with personal and professional development needs.