To be an authorized affiliate of Templates Design Co., you agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and details contained in this agreement. Please read this agreement carefully before registering and using the service as an affiliate. By signing up for the affiliate program, you indicate your acceptance of this agreement and its terms and details:
Become an affiliate of Templates Design Co.
- Go to https://templatesdesignco.gumroad.com/affiliates and apply for affiliation.
- Applying for membership is easy. Fill out the form below and tell Templates Design Co. how you will promote their products.
- To help speed up your approval, include things like social media URLs, audience size, audience engagement, etc.
Create a Gumroad account (this is a must)
- Affiliates must have Gumroad accounts for payout purposes. If you do not have an account on Gumroad, you can create an account by clicking on www.gumroad.com/login. Gumroad is a great place for you to make some side income, even if you’re not actively creating your own products. As an affiliate on Gumroad, you can promote the work of other creators and get paid. Go to www.gumroad.com/login and create an account. Gumroad sends you an email to verify the account – make sure you verify it through the link in that email.
- Fill out your payout settings. You must have an active PayPal account in order to receive payment via Gumroad. If you do not live in a country where we pay out via ACH, then you will enter your PayPal account information on the payout settings page. You can ignore the Payments settings page. That’s an entirely different beast that does not apply to affiliates.
- You do not need to get an upgraded account if you are an affiliate – a free Gumroad account is perfect.
- You do not have to create a product if you plan on only serving as an affiliate.
Get your link(s)
- When we add you as an affiliate, you’ll get an email like this. It breaks down everything about your affiliation with us, from how much you’ll be credited for each sale, as well as all of your affiliate links.
- If you ever need to check in on your links, go to your products dashboard – you’ll see all of the products you’re affiliated to, how much money you’ve made on those products, and you can quickly copy your links:
Sticky affiliate links
- You can also create yourself a “sticky” affiliate URL with your affiliate ID as a URL parameter.
- But why? The normal affiliate URLs (with the “/a/” in them) depend on browser cookies to credit you once the sale goes through. However, sometimes customers use browsers that block cookies, or someone mistakenly shares the product link instead of the affiliate link. In such cases, the affiliate does not get credit for the sale, unfortunately. Sticky affiliate links will help you get credited even if the customer’s browser rejects cookies!
- Your sticky affiliate URL will look like this:
- For example, if your affiliate URL for a given product is
https://gumroad.com/a/1234567 and it redirects the customers to
https://gumroad.com/l/abcxyz, then your sticky affiliate URL will be
https://gumroad.com/l/abcxyz?affiliate_id=1234567. Using this URL will ensure that you are always credited for the sale, even if the browser blocks cookies!
Share your links!
- That’s all! Just share the links that we’ve included in your email. You do not need to create any Gumroad products, or advertise a Gumroad link. Just share those links however you wish – a favorite of many Gumroad affiliates is Linktr.ee
- Please note: The only way you can be credited for your affiliate sales is if you share the links in the email we send you. Why?
- https://gumroad.com/l/product is a product link. This is the kind of link that Gumroad creators need to be sharing.
- https://gumroad.com/a/1234567 is an affiliate link. THIS is the kind of link that you need to be sharing.
- A quick way to tell if you’re sharing the right link is to look for the /a/ in it (or the ?affiliate_id part in case you are using a sticky link). That tells Gumroad’s big brain that this is an affiliate link, and the unique number after the /a/ tells us that this is your affiliate link.
- If you share a product link, we can’t credit you for the sale. If you know the email address of the customer who bought that product, you can ask the Gumroad creator for the money after they are paid out.
- Other reasons why you might not be credited for a sale:
- The customer’s web browser does not accept “cookies.” Our affiliate feature can only work if a browser accepts cookies. (Unless you are using a sticky link).
- The sale was refunded – when that happens your affiliate commission is refunded as well, sorry.
- The customer did not buy the product within 30 days of clicking your link. Our cookies expire after 30 days.
- The customer clicked a different affiliate’s link after they clicked yours, and bought the product.
- Can the affiliate links be shortened/personalized?
- Yes, affiliates can use link shorteners like bit.ly and they will get credited for the sales as expected as long as the customized link points to the affiliate URL with the /a/ in it: https://gumroad.com/a/XXXXXXXX
- How to verify that your affiliate link works if you’ve got all the above steps right, your link is ready to earn you some $$$. But for those who always like to double-check: there’s a handy way to ensure that the link works fine!
- Click on your affiliate link — this will take you to the product/profile page of which you’re an affiliate
- Open your browser’s dev tools. If you’re on Chrome, the shortcut is Command+Option+C (Mac) or Control+Shift+C (Windows, Linux, Chrome OS)
- Follow the steps on this page to reach the “Cookies” panel
- Click on gumroad.com (of course) from the various cookie origins, and look for the cookie name starting with _gumroad_affiliate_id_
You can even check when your cookie will expire in the “Expires/Max-Age” column. We are creating this example on Dec-12-2020 and as you can see in the screenshot above, the cookie expires 30 days later, on Jan-11-2021.
- You get a 25% of the total purchase for each paid order you refer.
The affiliate experience
- Once sales start rolling in, affiliates will receive a sales notification email whenever a sale is made through their referral.
- Affiliates will be paid out every other Friday, just like Gumroad creators.
- Are you an affiliate looking for more information on Gumroad payouts? Learn more about getting paid here.
- Affiliates can log in to their Gumroad account and visit their Payouts Dashboard to see how much they’ve earned in commission during each payout period. If an affiliate is also a Gumroad creator, their affiliate commission will simply be added to their total sales for the payout period.
How to navigate the Gumroad dashboard
- Although we hope to built it out in future, we do not have a nice fancy dashboard for affiliates yet. The only pages that will be relevant to you are your payout settings page, your Payouts page, and your products dashboard, which is at www.gumroad.com/products/affiliated
- On this page you can quickly see how many sales you’ve made of each product, your per-sale fees, the revenue you’ve generated, and you can copy your links if you misplace them.
- As a Gumroad affiliate, you will not be able to see any sales on the iOS Gumroad Dashboard app. That means there is not a place for you to track your sales or see analytics on how your links are being shared. If you wish to get detailed insights into how your links are performing, you can use a service like bit.lyand utilize the analytics tools they offer.
The payouts page
- The Payouts page shows you how much you’ve made in the current payout period and how much you’ll be paid at the next payout date. We pay you out on Fridays as long as you have more than $10 USD in your balance.
- What is the “payout period?”
- Gumroad has to hold onto all sales made for at least 7 days before we can pay you. That means, if you make a sale on Tuesday, you will not receive the money for that sale on Friday. You are therefore paid out every Friday for all sales made up to the previous Friday.
- So, if payday lands on Friday the 14th of the month, you will be paid that day for all sales made up to Friday the 7th. Any sales made after Friday the 7th would be paid on Friday the 21st of the month and so on.
- When a customer is refunded, 100% of the sale price is refunded to them. That, unfortunately, means you would lose your percentage of the sale as well.
- If you have already been paid out for that sale, the refunded money would come out of your balance, and your balance could go into the negative. In order to be paid out again, you would have to make enough sales to get your balance over $10 USD.
Other terms & details
- Site cookies are 30 days – so if someone clicks your referral link, and doesn’t make a purchase until 29 days later, you STILL get credit.
- To make it super easy, you can use templatesforpersonaldevelopment.com images to promote the products on your blog, social media, email lists, etc., and if you need any additional images shoot me an email.
- You must have an active website, blog, or social media account on which you will be placing your links.
- Do not spam. Never, please. Instead, create great content to attract targeted referrals.
- Unethical use or abuse of our affiliate program, or a violation of these terms may result in the termination of your account.
- Accounts that are found to be referring customers using misleading or falsified information will be terminated. Cheating to a potential customer in order to persuade them to purchase our product is strictly forbidden.
- All affiliates are signed up to receive affiliate newsletter, you can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time.
- You may not issue any press release with respect to this agreement or your participation in the program; such action may result in your termination from the affiliate program. In addition, you may not say in any manner the relationship between us and you, say you develop our products or say you are part of Templates Design Co.
- Customers who buy products through this program will be deemed to be our customers. Accordingly, all of our rules, policies and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and product sales will apply to those customers. We may change our policies and operating procedures at any time. For example, we will determine the prices to be charged for products sold under this Program in accordance with our own pricing policies. Product prices and availability may vary from time to time.
- As a condition of your participation in the affiliate program, you agree that while you are a program participant you will comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, orders, licenses, permits, judgments, decisions, or other requirements of any governmental authority that has jurisdiction over you, whether those laws, etc. are now in effect or later come into effect during the time you are a Program participant. Without limiting the foregoing obligation, you agree that as a condition of your participation in the program you will comply with all applicable laws (federal, state or otherwise) that govern email marketing, disclosures, endorsements, paid reviews, and all other anti-spam laws.
- We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this agreement or the program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this agreement and the program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under this agreement.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time.
If you have any questions or something isn’t clear on this page, reach out to us using the ‘Contact Us‘ form linked below.
Last updated: July 7 st, 2022