Hi! Today I’ve got a number of productivity tips for effective time management that will help you be more productive and move forward with all your projects.
My recommendations for today are:
- Prioritise appropriately and decide which your immediate commitments are.
- Get your paperwork done and handle it only once.
- Optimize pending phone calls by defining a time block for each one.
- Fight against interruptions.
- Act decisively, and make decisions on time.
- Solve pending issues as soon as possible.
- Work on the most important tasks when your energy levels are at their highest.
- Don’t postpone persistently subjects or matters you don’t like.
- Use the 80/20 rule
- Reserve time for unforeseen events – these are often more foreseen you think.
- Get hold of a system which is more efficient than your brain; the best system or software for time management is one which adapts to your needs.
- Increase the time you spend on the key activities in your area, those you’re valued for.
- Avoid your work being interrupted by phone calls, unannounced visits and meetings called suddenly.
- Optimize meetings you call, appreciate your team’s time and value yours.
- Schedule your working day in a productive way with activities to do, pending tasks, etc.
- Plan your projects properly.
- Keep your work desk or your computer desk clean and tidy.
- Don’t rush your work. A better performance and a steady rhythm of work will guarantee the success of your actions.
- Identify and control your bad habits that make you waste your time.
- Handle appropriately people who talk too much.
- Prepare a list with things to do and revise it regularly.
- Don’t feel bad for things you’re not doing, focus on what’s in front of you now.
- Rise up, the height will help you open your mind and see things from a different perspective.
- Leave some space for creativity; a stress free mind yields better results.
- Relax, enjoy and live!
Can you help us complete the list of productivity tips for effective time management? Looking forward to your comments…