Are your resume perfect? Today, we will speak about the main and common mistakes in resume writing. Your resume should to be perfect, becasuse is one of the main ways hiring managers assess you as a candidate. Review the most common resume mistakes and tips on how to avoid them:
- Font is too small: a recommended font size is 10 to 12, but it depends on the type of typography used.
- Spelling mistakes: be sure that there are no spelling errors, poor word choice, or misuse of language. These mistakes are not acceptable if you want to be hired.
- Leaving out dates: include dates on your resume.
- Inconsistent layout of your resume: present your resume in a consistent layout, margins, heading, paragraph space, actions verbs, etc.
- Using someone else’s words: it is important to prepare your resume in your own words.
- Adapting your version: you should to adapt your resume content to the job for which you are applying. You may have several different versions depending on the jobs you are targeting.
- No cover letter: a cover letter should be sent out with every resume. The cover letter is your sales document.
- Unprofessional email address: use an email address that is professional.
- Including personal information: personal information, such as age, gender, and headshot should not be included on your resume —unless you are applying abroad.
- Using abbreviations or contractions: your resume is a formal document, be sure to omit abbreviations or contractions in your text.
If you had come here because your are looking for a resume templates for your resume, visit resume templates shop that we have designed for you. When you buy one of our templates, you will have a free bonus file “Instructions Guide for Resume Templates“. We have designed this instruction guide for CV for helping you in the writing of your resume, cover letter, references sheet and much more. We teach you what, how and what for, providing you with methodology, practical examples and technical language that will help you face your job search with full confidence and guarantee of success.