To be an authorized affiliate of Templates Design Co., you agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and details contained in this agreement. Please read this agreement carefully before registering and using the service as an affiliate. By signing up for the affiliate program, you indicate your acceptance of this agreement and its terms and details:
Create a Gumroad Account
- Affiliates must have Gumroad accounts for payout purposes. If you have not an account on Gumroad, you can to create an account by clicking on www.gumroad.com/login. Gumroad is a great place for you to make some side income, even if you’re not actively creating your own products. As an affiliate on Gumroad, you can promote the work of other creators and get paid. Go to www.gumroad.com/login and create an account. Gumroad send you an email to verify the account – make sure you verify it through the link in that email.
- Fill out your payout settings. You must have an active PayPal account in order to receive payment via Gumroad.
- You do not need to get an upgraded account if you are an affiliate – a free Gumroad account is perfect.
- You do not have to create a product if you plan on only serving as an affiliate.
Speak To Us
- We will need to know the email address that you used to create your affiliate account with.
- There is no place you can sign up to become a generic, freelance, Gumroad affiliate. You can only be an affiliate for people who add you as an affiliate.
Get Your Link(s)
- When we adds you as an affiliate, you’ll get an email like this. It breaks down everything about your affiliation with us, from how much you’ll be credit for each sale, as well as all of your affiliate links.
Share Your Links!
- That’s all! Just share the links that we’ve included in your email. You do not need to create any Gumroad products, or advertise a Gumroad link. Just share those links however you wish.
- The only way you can be credited for your affiliate sales is if you share the links in the email we send you. Why?
- https://gumroad.com/l/product is a product link. This is the kind of link that Gumroad creators need to be sharing.
- https://gumroad.com/a/1234567 is an affiliate link. THIS is the kind of link that you need to be sharing.
- A quick way to tell if you’re sharing the right link is to look for the /a/ in it. That /a/ tells Gumroad’s big brain that this is an affiliate link, and the unique number after the /a/ tells us that this is your affiliate link.
- If you share a product link, we can’t credit you for the sale. Other reasons why you might not be credited for a sale:
- The customer’s web browser does not accept “cookies.” Our affiliate feature can only work if a browser accepts cookies.
- The sale was refunded.
- The customer did not buy the product within 30 days of clicking your link. Our cookies expire after 30 days.
- The customer clicked a different affiliate’s link after they clicked yours, and bought the product.
- You get a 10% of the total purchase for each paid order you refer. So, if someone clicks your link and buys one resume template for $10, you get paid $1. If they buy five templates for $50, you get $5.
The Affiliate Experience
- Once sales start rolling in, you will receive a sales notification email whenever a sale is made through their referral.
How To Navigate The Gumroad Dashboard
- Although we hope to built it out in future, we do not have a nice fancy dashboard for affiliates yet. The only pages that will be relevant to you are your payout settings page, and your balance page.
- As a Gumroad affiliate, you will not be able to see any sales on the iOS Gumroad Dashboard app.
- That means there is not a place for you to track your sales or see analytics on how your links are being shared. If you wish to get detailed insights into how your links are performing, you can use a service like bit.ly and utilize the analytics tools they offer.
The Balance Page
- The balance page shows you how much you’ve made in the current payout period and how much you’ll be paid at the next payout date. We pay you out on Fridays as long as you have $10 USD in your balance.
- What is the “payout period?” Gumroad has to hold onto all sales made for at least 7 days before we can pay you. That means, if you make a sale on Tuesday, you will not receive the money for that sale on Friday. You are therefore paid out every Friday for all sales made up to the previous Friday. So, if payday lands on Friday the 14th of the month, you will be paid that day for all sales made up to Friday the 7th. Any sales made after Friday the 7th would be paid on Friday the 21st of the month. Are you looking for more information on Gumroad payouts? Learn more about getting paid here.
- When a customer is refunded, 100% of the sale price is refunded to them. That unfortunately means you would lose your percentage of the sale as well.
- If you have already been paid out for that sale, the refunded money would come out of your balance, and your balance could go into the negative. In order to be paid out again, you would have to make enough sales to get your balance over $10 USD.
Other Terms & Details
- Site cookies are 30 days – so if someone clicks your referral link, and doesn’t make a purchase until 29 days later, you STILL get credit.
- To make it super easy, you can use templatesforpersonaldevelopment.com images to promote the products on your blog, social media, email lists, etc. and if you need any additional images shoot me an email.
- You must have an active website, blog, or social media accounts on which you will be placing your links.
- Do not spam. Never, please. Instead, create great content to attract targeted referrals.
- Unethical use or abuse of our affiliate program, or a violation of these terms may result in the termination of your account.
- Accounts that are found to be referring customers using misleading or falsified information will be terminated. Cheating to a potential customer in order to persuade them to purchase our product is strictly forbidden.
- All affiliates are signed up to receive affiliate newsletter, you can unsubscribe from this newsletter any time.
- You may not issue any press release with respect to this agreement or your participation in the program; such action may result in your termination from the affiliate program. In addition, you may not say in any manner the relationship between us and you, say you develop our products, or say you are part of Templates Design Co.
- Customers who buy products through this program will be deemed to be our customers. Accordingly, all of our rules, policies, and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and product sales will apply to those customers. We may change our policies and operating procedures at any time. For example, we will determine the prices to be charged for products sold under this Program in accordance with our own pricing policies. Product prices and availability may vary from time to time.
- As a condition of your participation in the affiliate program, you agree that while you are a program participant you will comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, orders, licenses, permits, judgements, decisions or other requirements of any governmental authority that has jurisdiction over you, whether those laws, etc. are now in effect or later come into effect during the time you are a Program participant. Without limiting the foregoing obligation, you agree that as a condition of your participation in the program you will comply with all applicable laws (federal, state or otherwise) that govern email marketing, disclosures, endorsements, and paid reviews and all other anti-spam laws.
- We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this agreement or the program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this agreement and the program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under this agreement.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time.
Also, if you have any questions, you can visit to this page.
Last updated: August 2 st, 2020